Tuesday, May 4, 2010

If You Like Lacrosse and the University of Virginia, This Next Story isn't Going to Thrill You


This was the original picture in the NY Daily News. It's been changed...


There we go. Much more devious.

I'm not going to make light of a murder. It is fruitless to jump to conclusions and unlike the NY Daily News and I'm sure every publication out there, I will not compare this situation to you-know-what since they are entirely different.

I will say this - I know The Captain is a big lacrosse fan and I think the sport is great. I can't say I know too many lacrosse athletes in Iowa but I don't want to incriminate the sport since there are many great men and women involved in the sport. There are players who give back, like John Gagliardi.You have teams like Johns Hopkins that raise money for cancer research. The documentary on Peter Kohn was a very touching story about a man with autism and how Middlebury College rallied around him and helped take care of him for years. There are a lot of good people involved in the sport. It would be nice if lacrosse made front page headline news for things other than murder and rape.

If you haven't already and want to read the UVA story, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment